I think this might be what it means to be a journalist today.
Over the past nine days, I have:
- Shot and edited two videos — one using a mini DV camcorder and one using a high-def camera.
- Edited down a 911 audio clip to go with a police reporter’s story.
- Completed two online PHP classes.
- Created a Web form and database for a holiday recipe contest.
- Scraped the police department’s Web site for the latest crime reports and processed them to our crime map site using SQL.
- Compressed and uploaded two files for mobile video.
- Finished the online department’s budget and uploaded my notes to Google Docs for the meeting with the publisher.
- Posted every day to the Star-Telegram’s Twitter account.